Sunday, January 01, 2006

My Wish List for 2006

  1. Become a better listener. Yeah, I know, it's a pretty generic resolution, but this has never been a strong-point for me. Cindy, Marie, and Josh definitely deserve it!
  2. Become a more serious musician. Being given the opportunity to play at the Green Chapel and the incredibly talented Dave and Greg...I've realized how much I don't know...I'm really looking forward to starting my guitar lessons next week and taking my music to the "next level"
  3. Become a proud Cleveland sports fan....I envision the Cavs advancing to the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs; the Indians overtaking the White Sox for the Central Division (assuming Wickman has a repeat season and the young position players like Sizemore, Martinez, and Peralta continue to develop and improve; the Browns squeaking out 9 victories and a possible wild card berth...with Charlie Fry having a memorable sophomore season!
  4. Form one new friendship and strengthen some old ones and keep up with some new ones. I had read somewhere that the average friendship lasts less than 2-3 years...a pretty depressing statistic when you think about it. Life's all about relationships, and unfortunately, it's the one gift that we all tend to take for granted. Sometimes, some of the strongest relationships can be with those whom you may not see all that often, but actually take the time to write/ call and engage in real meaningful dialogue as oppose to the ever so popular, "How ya' doing/ great" exchange
  5. Pray. Obviously, this takes precedence over my sport's wish list, but I thought I'd save the most important and challenging one for the last place on my list. Praying has never come easy for me. I can't pinpoint the exact reason, but I've never been comfortable with it. However, the friends whom I have become close to at the Chapel have really opened my eyes to the power of prayer. It's one of the most precious gifts from God, one that's always been readily available to me, but I've just always been to blind and stubborn to take advantage of it.

No comments: