Thursday, January 05, 2006


Back to practice...

We held our first rhythm/ worship team practice of the new year this evening... I really missed having these over the past few weeks. It truly is a highlight of my week...being able to get away from everything and just hanging with people whom all are so incredibly talented...and singing/ playing Christian music. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that. Everybody in the group is so genuine in their faith and passion for Christ that it really can re-energize you to get through the rest of the week.

Tonight was a bit different without having Brian at the helm...he will be so missed by all...he's a guy who really made it so easy to not only embrace this church but to inspire me to begin taking my music playing to the next level. It will be very odd for me to look over at the Steinway on Sunday and not see/ hear him. What an incredible talent! (I'll also miss his "Holy, holy, holy...the Lord God Almighty" soprano cantata...I was just so afraid that he was always going to hurt himself when he sang that!)

Marie really seems to enjoy Thursday evenings as well...as she attends the programming for her age group. She was somewhat bummed out this evening, though, since the choir/ rhythm/ worship team didn't do a run-through for Sunday's services...she usually comes down and sits in the worhsip center for this part...she too loves the music!

(Yeah, I stole the photo from Emily, whom I believe stole it from Brian...whom I'm guessing ripped it off from someone else...so much for copyright laws!)

1 comment:

emily said...

I was gonna say—that photo gets around!