Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm getting anxious...

Cindy is now around 2 months away from delivering our baby, and I feel like a kid around the holidays...waiting for Christmas morning and all the presents- but this present that we're about to receive is just a bit more awesome than just about anything I can think of. We've decided on Joseph Frederick for a boy's name (both are family names)...but we are still in the discussion mode for a girl's name. I like Rachel and Grace, but Cindy is leaning towards Alexis...

I'm planning on painting/ redecorating Josh's room over Spring Break...either all blue/ sports theme or a neutral color- if it's a girl. Either way, Josh will share his room with his brother/ sister...much to the delight of Marie!

I would be a very rich man by now if I had a dollar for everytime someone has asked me what sex I want the baby to be. I'm going to be brutally honest...I'm kind of hoping for a boy...for this reason alone- Josh. One of my regrets in life, and I really don't have that many, is that I never had a brother. I'm fairly close to a couple of my cousins and have a couple of good male friends, but it just can't be the same as having a brother...someone that you can really trust/ confide in throughout your life. Either way, I know Josh, and Marie, are both going to be awesome siblings...but if there is one gift that I could give my son, it would be a brother. Having said that, my biggest wish, is simply that the baby and mom are both healthy after the birth...and that I stay young at heart through the teenage years of Marie, Josh, and the little one...I'll be pushing 60 by the time our newest arrival is getting out of college!

No comments: