Thursday, December 29, 2005

Board Games

I don't think that I've ever been overly competitive when it comes to board games, but this past week has been a rather humbling experience. I've been soundly beaten by my 4 year old son in Dont Break the Ice, Hungry Hippos, and Let's Go Fishin'...and then to add insult to injury, I was pummeled in Monopoly by my daughter and my two nephews this evening. One has to wonder what the inventor of these games was thinking when they concocted these family pass-times.

If nothing else, it does bring a family together, away from their everyday schedules, and forces them to interact/ converse with each other for a good couple of hours. What else in life can we hold responsible for that? The inane "deals" and "strategies" ultimately lead to an evening of a lot of laughs and giggles...with those whom you love the most. Maybe Hasbro and Parker Brothers knew what they were thinking when they started marketing these games years and years ago. It would just be nice to win a couple of times!!!

No comments: