Tuesday, January 24, 2006


Micheal

Micheal lives with his parents in Zambia, Africa. He has a brother. His parents sell tomatoes at the market, but their income is not reliable.They are struggling to make ends meet. They are Tumbuka by tribe, and they are Christians. Micheal is in pre-school. He is a fairly healthy child who loves playing soccer with his friends. His favorite lesson in school is number work- Christian Children's Fund Biography

After registering with Christian Children's Fund, I was really excited to find out whom I would be able to sponsor...however, the actual process of selecting a child was absolutely gut-wrenching....After answering a few questions, I was looking at what appeared to be an endless amount of web pages that had dozens of children's photos on each page from which to choose. I couldn't handle it. HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A CHILD? So what I did was to simply select the first 4 year-old, (my son's age) whom I saw...that's how Micheal came into our lives.

What are my expectations? I have no idea. Outside of the monthly sponsoring donation, we were given pretty strict guidelines on what we were aloud to send to Micheal. Sadly, any "care-packages" would either get caught up in customs or pilfered by local officials/ thieves. Simple notes w/ paper items (stickers, photos, etc...) are the extent of things that can actually be sent to this little boy.

When sponsoring a child, you really are at the mercy of the Charity that oversees the program...and all you can do is pray that you might be able to make some small difference in the life of a child who lives on the other side of the world from us...we'll told that health, nutrition, education, and housing improvements are the priorities with this agency...if pictures can truly tell a story, this little guy deserves everything thrown his way...God bless you, Micheal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See me tomorrow at work if you get a chance...I'd love to get more info on this

-Jake