Sunday, October 01, 2006


A special day for little Sarah

Pastor Mike Castelli presided over a baby dedication for Sarah this morning. What a wonderful job he did of including both Josh and Marie when speaking about the family's job of replicating a Christian home for our little girl.

At the risk of boasting too much, Sarah not only has a wonderful mother who undoubtedly loves her little princess to no end...but she also has two great siblings. Both Marie and Josh idolize Sarah Kay, and I just know that the two of them will continue to look after their little sis and make sure that she not only feels loved in our family, but will also help to bring her closer to Christ as she grows older. When you think about it, it is such an awesome responsibility that we are all given, as parents, when it comes to raising our children. God knows that I'm not the perfect Dad, and all too often my patience (or lack there of) is not something that I'm always proud of, but listening to Mike's message today really reaffirmed my dedication to my kids...they're my life...and I love them all so very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do have a beautiful family and I was so honored to have been a part of such a special occasion. And you're right - God knows we are not perfect parents - but it's always good to be reminded that we have a perfect Father who has chosen to bless us with imperfect children to go along with our imperfect parenting!! My kids humble me more than anyone and make me cry out for wisdom more than any other thing in my life!! I'm sure that's in God's design too!! On a sweet note, tell Cindy her cake was divine!!