Tuesday, June 20, 2006


A New Roommate

I can only hope that Josh retains the enthusiasm for Sarah being his roommate in- say- 3-4 years from now. As of now, he's ecstatic! So, in preparation for Ms. Sarah's arrival, the room needed a makeover.

I really don't mind painting...it's the prep work that is a royal pain. When we moved into the house back in 2000, we had wallpapered Josh's room 1/2 way up w/ a border. At the time, it seemed like a great idea. However, when Josh was two, he slowly but surely started to tear the border off the wall. This time around, having learned our lesson, no wallpaper. But, getting that stuff off the wall, scrubbing the surface down, and taping all the woodwork took much longer than I cared to have spent on it. Anyways, three days later...I'm finally painting. (You'd never tell by Josh's picture, huh?...This is why it's going to take me a while!)

The room is going to have a jungle theme (very appropriate with my rambunctious 5 year old who does a great Tarzan impersonation). We bought a Jungle/ Animal border, which will go way up top, to accent the room, and we're going to try to find some safari animal wall hangings to decorate. I hope to have it finished by the end of next week- that is if Josh gives me back my roller!

No comments: