Friday, June 09, 2006


An evening campfire

I love "camp"-fires- Actually, I love fires in my backyard- the camping I can do without. Something about sleeping on the ground in a tent w/ bugs crawling all over you has never been overly appealing to me. Having a fire in the backyard, the kitchen is about 50 feet away, and my bedroom doesn't have any creepy crawlers in it- at least I don't think so!

Josh loves s'mores...although, tonight, I let him down because we had no marshmallows in the house- just a big bag of double-stuff Oreo cookies. We put a major dent in that bag tonight!

Well, I just finished my first week watching all the kids, and so far, they're all accounted for. Sarah has been an absolute joy to spend the day with. I've always been one who can't sit still for too terribly long, but watching an infant can really slow your life down a bit- in a good way. Sarah, after a good feeding and a diaper change, is just content to lay down on blanket and smile/ coo for long periods of time- what a life! We've spent quite a bit of time out on the patio listening to music and just "chillin".

One week down, and only 9 more weeks to go...you gotta love summer time!

No comments: