Tuesday, June 06, 2006


A Day at the Point

Josh and I, along with a few other teachers, chaperoned the 9th grade Cedar Point trip today...we had a blast! The weather was absolutely perfect, and this is the first time in a long time that I haven't come home feeling sick to my stomach. I simply can't take 8 straight hours of coasters and spin/ puke rides anymore- all of which Marie revels in. Josh, on the other hand, was content to do some of the other attractions at the park...the steam engine train, the paddleboat, the petting farm, a couple of the shows...and yes, the old-fashioned pictures. This was actually a lot of fun because everytime the gal told Josh to look at the camera and NOT smile- he'd start to giggle. It took 4-5 times to get the shot. Another highlight of the trip, for Josh, was to simply ride on the charter buses- complete with TV screens throughout. The little guy crashed on the bus on the way home. I forget that for every one of my steps- it's more like 3 for him. We did a LOT of walking today, so I imagine that he'll sleep soundly tonight.

Summer vacation officially begins tomorrow for me...let the fun begin w/ the Mr. Mom gig!

No comments: