Sunday, March 19, 2006


So long, Stang!

I'm now entering the "mini-van" era of my life...just in time for my 39th birthday, no less.

I always dreamed of driving a Mustang, and three years ago, I traded in my Nissan truck for a 2003 cobalt blue 2 door coupe Mustang. It's a pretty cool car, and I have loved driving it for the past three years.

Last weekend, however, it "dawned" on me (ok, so I was fighting it, because it dawned on Cindy the day I bought the car!) that this isn't really a family car...between Josh's booster seat, the baby's infant car seat, Marie and Cindy...you get the idea.

The Dodge Caravan that we're going to get this week is pretty nice...the kids love it, and it will make for a much more comfortable family outing. Marie loves the fact that she now won't have to squeeze in between the baby and her 4-year old brother- every 11 year old's dream car ride, I'm sure. (the van seats 7 adults, comfortably)

I'm going to try and get rid of the Stang sometime this month...anybody out there want it? Really, it's a great "family car"!- that is, if you have a family of oompa-loompas.

1 comment:

Brian Megilligan said...

yeah--a rite of passage, I guess. Welcome to the world of 7 seaters.