Saturday, March 11, 2006

A Day with Josh...

Cindy's been feeling pretty cruddy all day, Marie is with her mom today, so it was Josh and I hanging out together...

  • 6:30 rise...I got to teach this kid the fine art of sleeping in on the weekends!
  • 7:00 Josh is absolutely enamored with the fact that there is another Josh in the Bible. We've read the battle of Jericho a number of times in his Children's Bible, and this morning we watched Josh and the Big Wall- Vegetales flick. Honestly, it's pretty entertaining w/ some catchy tunes.
  • 8:00 Scramble Eggs and toast- a staple for this guy
  • 9:30 Karate! It's been funny lately because as much as Josh loves this class and listens pretty well, he's also equally attracted to this little five year old girl who is his partner for some of the drills. A regular little Romeo...
  • 11:30 lunch and yard work. Actually, Josh played on his swingset while I raked the backyard. It was a pretty nice day ( a little drizzle), but it's hard to complain when you get a 50 degree day on March 11th.
  • 2:00- naptime. I was looking forward to this since 6:30 because I was going to lay down too; however, I didn't get everything done outside so I forfeited the coveted siesta.
  • 5:00 dinnertime...Cindy wasn't up to eating tonight, so Josh and I had a gourmet dinner of chicken and Jo Jo's. I didn't feel like cooking tonight, and Josh picked the menu. Didn't argue.
  • 6:00 Josh snuggled up next to Cindy while I took the dog on her walk. Maggie's been pouting lately because after her vet appointment the other day, she was pronounced rather fat...so she's been eating this diet dog food this week...and she's not been amused.
  • 7:00 bathtime. Josh proceeded to name all his body parts, and I do mean all, to make sure that I got everything washed for him. He's such a boy!
  • 7:30 Banana Split time/ Sinbad movie. The kid's face is coated with chocolate as I'm looking over at him right now. I'm guessing he enjoyed his dessert. This is a great animated kid's film w/ Brad Pitt and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
  • 9:00 Hasn't come yet, but Josh will be off to bed after a few stories- I'm guessing Josh and the Battle of Jericho and Green Eggs and Ham...
  • A good day...simple, but good.

No comments: