Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A day at the hospital...

So I get this phone call at work around 12:30 from Cindy that I should meet her at Akron General soon...her doctor told her that if the baby doesn't respond well to induced contractions, they may end up performing a C-section this afternoon.

Nine hours later, I'm back home...poor Cindy is spending the night at the hospital, and we're still probably about 1 1/2 weeks away from baby-day...I'm exhausted, and I imagine Cindy is beyond that. The afternoon began with giving Cindy Petosin (sp?) to bring about contractions to see how the baby would respond. The problem arose after they shut off the I-V...the contractions continued...and continued...for 5 plus hours. To error on the side of caution, the folks at Akron General decided that they wanted Cindy to spend the night and monitor her and baby until the morning.

Josh wanted to know where mommy was, and Marie was full of questions- especially now since she is going through sex ed at school. The dog wanted a walk, and I haven't eaten since noon...But, the Cavs just won a thrilling game at the buzzer, so I'm hoping that this may be a good omen for tomorrow!

I'm going to bed...

1 comment:

Brian Megilligan said...

Wow!Interesting story to follow from afar--keep us posted! :)

Brian