Friday, March 24, 2006


Day 3...

After dropping Marie off to school this morning, I headed on over to Akron General around 8:30. Sarah and Cindy were "lounging" in the bed having breakfast...that is, Sarah was having breakfast. Sarah is doing remarkably well with nursing and appears to have quite the appetite. The game plan is to try her out on some formula this weekend, and hopefully be able to give Cindy a break a few times a day. Not to mention, it will give me a chance to actually do something outside of diaper patrol!

We had a real nice visit with Kenton this afternoon. It really was the first time Cindy has had a chance to talk with him, and after our visit, I think she now realizes why the group has become such a special part in my life. We're both really hoping that Kenton will be able to do the baby presentation at church for us later this spring/ early in the summer.

I went home around 3:30 to pick Marie up and then headed back to the hospital around 5:00...only to enjoy visits with Mom, Aunt Anne, Terri, Dan, and the boys. Marie went to a play this evening with her cousins, and Cindy, Sarah, and I enjoyed the Cavs game together...ok, I'm not expecting anyone to really believe that...Cindy was taking her shower, Sarah was snoozing in my arms, and I pretty much watched the 2nd half by myself.

Sarah was getting kind of fussy later in the evening, but the nurse came in and said they needed to do a weight check and give her a bath. When she came back to the room, both Cindy and I were amazed at how calm/ alert she was...by far, the longest that she has stayed awake in her young life. We'll have to keep the bath idea in mind when we bring her home and in the rare event that she becomes fussy (ha, ha)...we can toss her in the tub!

I'm really hoping that Cindy and Sarah can come home tomorrow...Sunday at the very latest. Not to mention, we both are missing Josh, who is hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa down in Marietta for a few days.

1 comment:

Brian Megilligan said...

Hey Rob,

It's great to see that you're starting her out right with chief wahoo. Personally, I'd be a little worried that that face would scare her to death, but since her eye sight hasn't really developed yet, it probably won't be a big problem. Then as she grows, they'll be like best friends and she'll never know to be afraid.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!