Monday, April 16, 2007


A New Era in Sport's Passion
.
Truthfully, I have the same affinity for this sport as I do for the TV shows, Trading Spaces, American Idol, and What Not to Wear...all favorites of my wife and oldest daughter, I might add. I don't know...it's probably my own ignorance for not knowing anything at all about the game, but it's just that whole notion of having kids run around for an hour and having a 1-0 score at the end- not exactly the "edge of your seat" entertainment that I have become so accustomed to watching in baseball and football over the years. But, I should have seen this coming the day I traded my Mustang in for a red mini-van....every man's worst nightmare...soccer mom territory...ugh!
.
That said, I'm willing to give this whole thing a fair shake and make a concerted effort to not only learn the game, but root on the little guy to victory- only in preparation, of course, for when the day comes that he plays real "football" for my beloved Buckeyes!
.
This Saturday is Josh's first game of the season, which should prove to be very entertaining considering the fact that tonight's one and only practice prior to game #1 was cancelled due to cruddy weather. Seeing that Josh has never played the sport before, and I know absolutely nothing about it as well...other than the fact that the only Cleveland championship in my lifetime came from none other than the Cleveland Crunch indoor soccer league...(whoo, hoo) , I won't be surprised in the least if Josh attempts to spike the ball in the end zone or slide head first into first base after he makes his first goal. Stay tuned for an update.

No comments: