Thursday, November 16, 2006


You want what for Christmas?

This morning's conversation went something like this...

"Guess what, dad...my teacher has a way cooler I-Pod than you do!"

"Oh, really...(thinking that she may have the new 80 GB version that holds up to 20,000 songs/photos, and up to 100 hours of video- which is on my Christmas list, by the way!)

"I can't 'member what it's called...but it's got these big plastic round things that spin around on top of it and it plays music! So cool! That's what I want from Santa!"

Funny how certain things from your childhood stay with you forever, but I definitely remember playing with the 45's on a record player for hours upon hours- all the singles from the Beatles, Elvis, and one tune in particular that my dad had given me...The Battle of the Green Berets (which I still have as to this day!) I also remember thinking how awesome it was when my folks brought home a new player that you could stack the records and watch them drop into place while the mechanical needle slowly moved towards the first track on the album. High tech stuff!

...And I was afraid that Josh was going to wish for the new Play Station III; although, trying to find a 45 turntable/ records for the little guy may be just as challenging!

Anybody out there have one that they'd like to sell?

1 comment:

emily said...

Now that's funny!