Friday, September 22, 2006

22nd Annual Labor of Love Run Results

Well...I could have done a lot better. Out of 348 runners, I came in at #252. (46:20/ 9:15 per mile). For my age group though, I was 22nd out of 28...but, I still had a blast running the course, and am definitely looking forward to next year's event.

I've got one week until the Akron Roadrunner Relay Race. Funny, but I still have never run more than 5 miles and I'm suppose to do a 7 1/2 mile leg. I guess I'll just run the last couple of miles on adrenaline and a good prayer! The good news is that my part of the race appears to be just a gradual descent down Market Street heading towards the downtown area. I've joked to a couple of folks that I'll just wear a pair of those tennis shoes that have the built-in skates inside of them, so then if I get too tired...well you get the idea.

Actually, next weekend should be awesome because in addition to the race, Ms. Sarah Kay will have her baby dedication at church. We're going to have the ceremony after the second service, and then a short reception immediately following in the atrium of the church. Plenty of pictures will be taken!

1 comment:

Brian Megilligan said...

Rob--your time was 30 seconds/mile better than when I ran it (either time!) Great job!