Sunday, August 27, 2006


A Chapel Hop on Pop
(No Dave, No...don't sit on that!)

Now all you need to do is to replace the word "Pat" with "Dave" and the word/ image "hat" with the word/ image "cup of coffee"...and you've got a sure winner for America's funniest home videos...albeit a rather poor effort to keep Dr. Seus' original syncopation and rhyme scheme.

I write about this with a degree of jest because a) Dave is a great sport b) he didn't burn himself...it was a hot cup of coffee! c) I feel somewhat guilty because I was slow in reacting to try and stop him. It was as if the whole episode was in slow motion, and I was stuck in time...only to witness poor Dave come crashing down on his coffee and grimace shortly thereafter- realizing that his entire backside/ underside was saturated with his morning java. But, he persevered and continued playing his guitar as only he knows how to...all the while a number of folks were already text messaging the hilarious event.

We love ya, Dave!

3 comments:

emily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emily said...

He, he, he. Sorry to laugh at your expense, Dave, but it was really funny. It actually made my morning.

Brian Megilligan said...

Dave, I hope you read this--it brings it all back--quintessential Raybould...how I miss those days! I didn't have to be there to see it! I can see it in my mind. I never would have been able to play the service after that! It's good stuff!