Tuesday, August 08, 2006


A trek to the Gorge

Well, at the time it seemed like a good idea. The weather forecast for today was 78 degrees and sunny...so I thought I'd pack the kids up this morning and hike the trail at the Gorge Metropolitan Park. The only minor detail that I kind of forgot was that the trail was 2 miles long. Sarah faired pretty well, but after the first mile, let's just say that I would be a very rich man for every time that the loquacious Josh uttered..."my body's aching, Dad!"...the first time was cute, but after hearing it for almost a mile...I too was longing for the van.

I used to come here all the time while in college. Having lived almost 5 years in the North Hill area of Akron...this was the ultimate get-away. The metro park has really improved the trail by the construction of all the wooden platforms and staircases...making it a much easier hike than what it used to be- as I tried to convince Josh during the last 1/2 hour of the walk.

Sarah actually fell asleep in her huggy napsack...which, if you have kids, you know what I mean when I say that sleeping children always seems heavier to carry- go figure!

No comments: