Tuesday, April 25, 2006


Where has all the pitching gone?

Now I'm not ready to panic, but my beloved Tribe may have a very difficult week ahead of them. Their next three series are against the Red Sox, Rangers, and White Sox. (All these teams have one thing in common- first place in their divisions!) This should prove to be quite a challenge for the Indians this early in the season, especially since they are just coming off an embarrasing series against the lowly Royals. So far, I'm not impressed with new acquisitions- Byrd or Graves. I'm guessing Shapiro is regretting not keeping Bobby Howry- he was simply a stud last year in the 7th and 8th innings! Last year we had the pitching and little offense early in the season, and this year...well, the box-scores tell the story. It seems as if the local media is cutting this team a little slack probably because of the excitement that the Cavs are creating.

Anyway, I've got tickets for this Friday's game against the Rangers...I'm looking forward to it, but will definitely enjoy the evening more with a convincing win! Go Tribe!

4 comments:

Brian Megilligan said...

The pitching went ot he cubs, the DL, Kansas City, and Texas.

At least the offence showed up this year!

Rob Eubank said...

I'm taking Kenton on Friday, and I told him to be sure to do his shoulder exercises...because we may throw him into the bullpen!

Brian Megilligan said...

You guys survived a Wickman heart attack? What a way to end a game! 90 feet way!

Rob Eubank said...

You got that right...I only had to get the fibrilator out for Kenton a couple of times in the 9th...another classic Wickman save!...and a great fireworks show afterwards.

Hey, if you want to make the journey up north sometime this summer, I've got tickets for five more Friday night games!