Friday, April 21, 2006

Bump, Set, Spike?

Truthfully, there's not a whole lot of spiking that goes on during a 5th grade volleyball match, but watching Marie's team this year has been a whole lot of fun. Thinking back to their inaugural year (3 years ago) into the CYO league, Marie and her friends have improved immensely. Honestly, these kids really go at it this year, and I've seen them involved in some pretty intense volleys.

I admit, it's a bit of an adrenaline rush to watch your own child participate in competitive sports. Marie is actually quite good. (yeah, I know- what else am I going to say?- but she really is, and she certainly doesn't get her volleyball skills from me!) She's by far one of the most consistent servers on the team, and she is a force "to be reckoned with" when it comes to returning the ball as well. I really believe that if she sticks with it, and I think she will, she can have a lot of success in this sport at high school when she becomes a Lady Knight!

No comments: