Monday, December 26, 2005


Christmas 2005

I think 4 year olds have it right when it comes to Christmas. This past holiday, I got more joy out of watching my son open up his presents. It didn't really matter what the contents of the package was...it was simply the fact that it was a "surprise"...and for a little guy, it doesn't get much better than that! I think an aweful lot of folks can learn a valuable lesson from small children at Christmas. I'm as guilty as everyone when it comes to trying to buy the perfect gift for folks and wondering if it will be good enough for that special person in your life. Four year olds, like my son Josh, could really care less...they just enjoy hanging out with their parents and spending the day with their Mom and Dad...and invariably playing a $5.00 board game where you simply watch a small token go round and round a board...all the while carrying on with a simple conversation or singing a tune...wouldn't life be so much easier if we all took this approach?

I really wasn't sure what to publish for my first blog post...but I figured why not talk about something that is near and dear to me...my kids. Josh and Marie bring more joy to my life than just about anything else that I can think of, and if I had to pick a New Year's Resolution...it would be that I'm going to try to appreciate the gifts that they give me each and every day.

1 comment:

Brian Megilligan said...

Hey Rob--Can I be the first to leave a comment?

Way to go on the whole blog thing...I'll look forward to seeing your new posts.

We found/thought of/discovered a GREAT gift for little ones--they're all actually still playing with it the day after Christmas: Little flash lights! They can't get enough!