Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kindergarten Kahuna
.
The car ride home...(to the best of my recollection)
.
.
..
Me: "So...how was your first day in kindergarten?"
.
Josh: "Pretty cool, but there are at least 5,000 more rules that I have to learn this year."
.
Me: "Why do you think your teacher needs all those rules?"
.
Josh: "I don't think she trusts us."
.
Me: "That's probably a safe guess, son. So, what all did you do?"
.
Josh:" Well, we went to the library, learned ALL the numbers (I'm guessing at least up through 10 million, or so), practiced writing some letters, and sang a rhyming song...fox on box, bear on big sofa, and stuff like that."
.
Me: "Did you behave yourself? Did your teacher have to correct you at all today?"
.
Josh: "Uh....what, did you say?"
.
Me: "You heard me..."
.
Josh: "I was almost perfect. I got a green card! I think Mrs. Cochran is going to really like me most of the time."
.
Me: "Who do you sit by in class?"
.
Josh: (sigh) " A bunch of girls, dad. They talk too much!"
.
Me: "You mean more than you do?"
.
Josh: "Oh, yeah...and Piper told me that she wants to be my girlfriend on Fridays"
.
Me: "Well, there actually are some advantages to having a girlfriend only one day a week...it won't tie you down too much."
.
Josh: "She's not tying me down! I'll tell the teacher on her!"
.
Me: "So, are you ready to go back tomorrow?"
.
Josh: "Yeah, but I don't know about all those rules..."

1 comment:

emily said...

Hilarious!

Is he practicing to be a U.S. Postal Worker with those shorts? He looks adorable.