Friday, August 31, 2007


Ee-aye-guh-hit

This is the 2nd Friday morning that Josh and I stopped at McD’s for breakfast before dropping the little guy off for school. One of the goals that his teacher has set for the kids this year is to master about 250 sight words. So, I figured that we could knock out a few of them while dining over our Sausage McGriddles.

Josh had little trouble with the first few words until we came to this one... EIGHT. One has to wonder what kind of medication was being administered to the lexicographer who added this one to our beloved dictionary. Well, after a fairly long stare-down with those dashing blue eyes of his, Josh belted out...ee-aye-guh-hit (complete with a mouth full of hash browns that sprayed across the table, I might add) I just about lost it. So much for phonetics, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud on a morning when I should be crying!! Thanks for the great story! Isn't that what someone at homebase says right before they walk to first?!
"EE-aye-guh-hit!!"