Sunday, June 10, 2007

Evel Knievel and the Biker Babe


Well, leave it to Marie to teach her younger brother how to tackle a bike with no training wheels. The day began with me being the bad guy by taking Josh's training wheels off early Saturday morning. We started out front going up and down the block with me tagging alongside the little guy helping him with his balancing act. I had forgotten how hard that can be on your back!


Anyway, after an hour or so, we had made a little progress, but he was still not set to take off by himself.


Fast forward about 8-9 hours/ bedtime. Marie took Josh outside in the backyard, and within a 1/2 hour or so, she had him cruisin' around the yard. He was so proud of himself, and I too was pretty impressed. I always wanted a moped as a kid, and I told Josh that once he conquered his bike, then we would talk about upgrading his transportation vehicle...it's just his mom that we'll have to work on!


I also took Ms. Sarah on her first bike trek...the helmet was a bit large on her, but she truly loved her time riding around the block hitched to the back of my bike. Not to mention, this will be good training for me as I try to get myself ready for the Roadrunner Marathon in September.

All in all, a great weekend with the kids.

No comments: