Wednesday, July 05, 2006


The Drive-in

I think that it had been about 7 years since I last went to a drive-in. Marie reminded me that we had gone to see Tarzan a number of years ago- when she was around Josh's age, I believe.

Anyway, we headed off to the Wadsworth drive-in last Friday night and had a blast. After convincing Josh that it was ok to wear his PJ's to the movies, he thought it was so cool to be able to watch the films from the back of our van- complete with sleeping bags, pillows, games, food, and pop. (I knew this van would come in handy one day!) I was also pretty amazed that he stayed awake for both films- the 2nd one didn't even start until 11:00. We saw Garfield 2 (which they should have stopped after the first one- it was a pretty lame movie) and Over the Hedge (very cute). The only problem we ran into was that I didn't know how to turn off the interior lights of the van while having the hatch open- I eventually figured it out, but I think the folks next to us were a bit annoyed with us. Oh, well...

The kids definitely want to go back- the plan is to go see Johnny Depp's reprisal role of Captain Jack Sparrow in the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Hey, did I mention that this is also an incredible bargain- $15.00 per car! You spend that much on a soda and a box of popcorn at the theaters!

No comments: