Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor of Love Race '08











This year's race proved to be a bit more "laborious" than the past couple of years due to my new running partner- Ms. Sarah Kay- at my side. Dan Salmons and I split the 5 mile race- with each of us running 1/2 of it all the while pushing the kiddos in their racing strollers. The first part of the run went ok- although Sarah's front wheel came unlocked, and it started to jiggle the entire stroller- I think I gave the poor kid whip-lash. But, after a brief stop to lock the wheel into place, we continued along our trek...and made fairly decent time. But, that one hill going up through Akron U's campus by the JAR is an absolute killer!


As a warm-up to the 5 miler, Josh and I tackled the 1 mile "family fun race". Once again, the little guy ran the whole route without stopping. Way to go, my little man!

No comments: