Wednesday, January 09, 2008

13 Miles...no big deal, right?

No whimping out for me now…I finally got around to registering online for the Cleveland 1/2 Marathon yesterday, so let the training begin through May 18th. Up until just a few weeks ago, I was still dragging my feet on this commitment, but having joined the new Barberton YMCA will serve as a wonderful alternative to running in sub-freezing temperatures over the next couple of months.
.
The program that I’m following provides me with a specific running/ mile count schedule as well as a target weight, which I’m currently about 15 pounds away from…ugh!!! Talk about a vote of confidence- or lack thereof- this online survey/ fitness profile that I completed the other day indicated that if I don't lose the weight/ clock the specified miles (@ 150 miles over a 10 week period), the possibility of me actually completing this run was somewhat remote at best. Oh well, I figure that come the day of the race, and after 10 miles or so I can't lift my legs for one more stride...I'll just hit one of the many pubs in the downtown area, kick back, feast on some chicken wings, and watch the "real" athletes conquer the course. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

emily said...

Congratulations and good luck! You can do it! When it gets warmer (I'm not as hardy as you), you and Jeff & I should run around the church's course again.