Monday, January 22, 2007


What a Show Off!
So I've been playing this silly game since 1998- with long bouts of breaks, mind you. Anyway, just recently, Josh became hooked on it, and he and I have probably played it a couple times a week for the last couple of months. Evidently, my dexterity w/ the video game remote has aged well with time because he and I have been able to rack up a bunch of new stars...in fact, all but the one infamous one needed to free the princess from the castle. We've been stuck on defeating Bowser for almost a month now.
.
Enter my daughter, Marie. At the risk of sounding like a whining ungrateful 39 year-old...I am the one who has amassed a majority of these stinkin' stars, and yet my daughter just trots downstairs one day and defeats this lizard and wins the whole game in about 1/2 hour- while I'm not even around! C'mon!
.
Actually, my real grievance with this whole thing is that I promised to buy the kids a Playstation...only after we as a family finally won this one game... you know, maybe next summer/ fall... Thanks alot, Marie.

No comments: