Friday, January 19, 2007



An estimated 36.9 million people watched the two-hour special on Fox Wednesday night, only slightly down from the 37.3 million who tuned in for Tuesday's two-hour season premiere, according to Nielsen Media Research...and these were the episodes that featured people who can't carry a tune! Unbelievable.

"What the bloody hell was that?" judge Simon Cowell said after enduring a unique version of "Unchained Melody," adding, "It was almost non-human."


To another woman who insisted a drink of water would smooth her delivery, Cowell replied: "You could lie in a bath with your mouth open and you couldn't sing."

Now that was kinda funny...

I'd love to know what Fox is charging for its advertising time slots. Considering that Ryan Seacrest probably says "back after the break" like fifty gajillion times during a 1/2 hour segment...I'm guessing the network is doing just fine in terms of turning a profit.

Both Cindy and Marie adore this show, while I- probably with a certain degree of jealousy due to my inability to sing (although I think I could hold my own on these first few shows) tend to me more cynical about this phenomena that has truly hooked most of America. C'mon, it's not like Ryan Seacrest is that good looking or Carrie Underwood is actually going to become some mega-star just because she won this little contest...

No comments: