Sunday, December 17, 2006


Trip to Lima
I so wish that we lived closer to Mike and his family...we often joke about it, but watching my Josh play with Mike's boys brings back many, many fond memories of when I was a kid and we took the turnpike trip up to Michigan a couple times a year to visit. (and those were in the days before I-Pods, Game-Boys, and portable DVD players!- that four hour trek seemed to take days to get there!) When the three of us (Mike, Ken, and I) got together, there was no telling what was in store...usually some kind of small injury, prank, rough-housing and the inevitable "stern-talking" from either my dad or Mike's seemed to be the norm for each visit...but we had a ton of fun. I'm still not sure if Mike's mom has ever truly forgiven me for putting her beloved son's head through the wall while playing tackle football in the bedroom...or the time that Mike "accidentally slipped" off of our cement porch while we were playing king of the mountain...or the times when Ken and I would sponsor an "iron-cage" style wrestling match with poor little Mike as the recipient of most of the abuse...it's all good now, though...right Mike?
How awesome would it be if my kids and Mike's kids stay close over the years and then their children can enjoy the same visits that we do today...which would make them 3rd cousins? I never could understand that whole family tree thing.

No comments: