Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Super Bowl?

Ok, so am I the only one who was thinking to himself...are these really the two best teams in the NFL this year? The fumbles, interceptions, penalties, really bad incomplete passes...it was like I was watching a Browns game. T. Pluto wrote the other day that a Steelers win would actually benefit the Browns since a number of Pittsburgh's players who are free agents to be will now want big bucks after the Super Bowl. With the salary cap, they won't be able to keep them all. This still wasn't enough for me to root for these guys...there's only one team I despise more than the Steelers, and Steinbrenner has a quite a bit of championship hardware to taunt us pitiful Cleveland fans as well.


Also, and this may be border-line sacrilege for die-hard rock fans, but am I also the only one who was not overly impressed with the Stones' half-time show? Listening to Mick Jagger sing was just painful...All he does is bark out the lyrics and doesn't appear to have much of a tone to his voice. Now granted, I realize that he's been around for a while and is an icon in the rock world, but I'll take Guy and Kenton's rendition of King of Glory over their Super Bowl performance any day!

And then there's the commercials...at a cool 2.5 million per 30 second spot. Bud Light definitely had the most humorous ones, but it's hard to believe that the marketing gurus for some of the other companies couldn't come up with more creative adds...Truthfully, the only one that I can remember, a half hour after the game, is that GoDaddy.com one...which I no idea what type of web site it is...I'll check it out later tonight.

No comments: