Tuesday, November 18, 2008


Rehabin’

Just when I thought I had seen all the cool toys at physical therapy, out came the “ACL torture rack” this morning. I joked with the Doc as to whether they confiscated this thing from descendants of the Inquisition. Still not being able to completely extend my leg, they strapped my thigh to a robotic table. Then, with a remote control, I could raise the table…tightening the strap along the way until I could feel an intense stretch to my knee ligaments. I got to do this 30 times with 10 second holds. Way too much fun for 7:30 a.m.

The game plan is to continue physical therapy through the holidays, and then go “solo” at the YMCA. I’m going to shoot for the Canal Place 5K run in early May as my comeback run…as well as our first Boettler Park sand-volleyball match later in the spring.

1 comment:

emily said...

We'll be cheering you on! Torture rack ... that cracked me up.