Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Projects

I actually built the kid's clubhouse/ swing set about 3 years ago, but finally got around to putting a "real" roof on it this summer as well as a coat of paint. All I know is that I have a whole new appreciation for the dudes who shingle roofs for a living- wanna talk about hard work? It took me the better part of a Sunday afternoon to do this little job- I can't imagine doing this on a regular basis under a hot, humid 90 degree sky. UGH!

As for our backyard swing, the frustrating story here is that I literally had to paint this stupid thing three different times due to the fact that each time I finished its initial coat- the wonderful northeastern Ohio rains came- with no warning, I might add! So, with 3+ coats of paint plus a layer of water-proofing, I can finally enjoy my late-night campfires via the cedar swing.

And finally, even if this doesn't look like all that much work, laying/ leveling these cement blocks and gravel took a good deal of time...but not too much for the beloved family canine...

1 comment:

Bombchell said...

wow that's pretty impressive.