Monday, May 05, 2008

Runnin' on Empty


I'm not having second thoughts about this...just some serious doubts about whether I can actually do this thing. This past Saturday I ran my longest practice run to date...9 miles, and I was pretty much spent afterwards. Honestly, I don't know how real "marathoners" do this on a regular basis. My race is in less than two weeks, and some how I need to muster up the energy to tack on another 4 miles in order to be able to complete the 1/2 marathon. A co-worker of mine, who has run this race before, told me that the coolest part of the 1/2 marathon is that the average finish time allows the runner to watch the professional marathon runners cross the finish line at the same time! That would be a 26 mile jaunt in the same amount of time that it will more than likely take me to finish 13...how depressing.

On a lighter note, Josh and Cindy attend the annual Mom Prom at St. Matthews this past weekend. I guess Josh was coerced into two slow dances with his mom, but spent much of the evening hanging with his kindergarten buddies, roaming the dance floor.


To cap off the weekend, Marie's team won their semi-finals tournament volleyball game, and will play for the CYO championship next Saturday. I have so enjoyed watching her team play this season- the girls really play well together, and they ended up posting the best regular season record in the league. Wish them good luck!

1 comment:

emily said...

You can do it, Rob! Unless, of course, you get so worn out in tomorrow's smash volleyball game that you're down for the count. See you on the sand!