Wednesday, February 06, 2008


A New Family Car
.
Sadly, my days as a bright red mini-van drivin' dad are over (sniffle, sniffle) In lieu of sinking a boat load of money into the van, which was pushing 140,000 miles, I felt the time had come to ship it off to the dealer's lot and get something a bit more dependable. So, I opted for the spacious backseat, fuel efficient, 1 1/2 square foot cargo area 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4x4. I LOVE this vehicle.

I really was pleasantly surprised how smooth and quiet the ride is- not to mention the 6 speed manual transmission/ 6 speaker Sirius satelite MP3 radio/ 16" off-road tires/ Sunrider collapsible soft-top features. Chrysler has come a long way to assimilte the Jeep to most SUV's- with the exception of the few inconviences already mentioned above. All I know is that I can't wait for the summertime- when I can rip the roof off and cruise around town basking in the sun....oh, yeah...The most enthusiasm for the new car came from- other than myself of course- my son, Josh- who gave me high accolades for such a sagacious purchase (I just now need him to relay this praise to his mother!) the little guy has already nicknamed it- the GI-Joe Jeep. The kid is back in the will.

No comments: