Friday, May 25, 2007


Where did the year go?
.
Today is the last "school day" for the kids. Beginning next Tuesday, they'll be taking their final exams, which comes with an early dismissal of 1:00.
.
This past week- with the unseasonably warm weather- has been pretty rough on everyone here. The school was built back in the 50's, and I don't see any plans in the foreseeable future to install central air. Teaching on the 3rd floor can be extremely taxing because the kids and the teachers not only have to contend with the heat, but by having all the windows open, the traffic noise from I-76 can be a major distraction as well.
.
I've pretty much got my entire office cleaned out. I'll start down in Admissions the week of June 11th. (I will not miss making/ grading any more finals- that's a certainty!) Our first big project of the summer will be to design and compose the 2007-2008 Admissions booklet. Just this past week I received a crash course on I-Movies. I hadn't worked with a Mac in years, so it was definitely a learning curve. I'm hoping to produce a promo video (showcasing the school) that we can give out at the Open Houses, placement tests, and shadow days.
.
Oh, and if anybody is interested in helping me chaperone 125 9th graders on the annual Cedar Point trip next week...let me know!

2 comments:

Brian Megilligan said...

Hey Rob--I wouldn't mind a trip to the Cedar Point! :)

Rob Eubank said...

Cool...meet me at the Hoban parking lot at 8:00 A.M. Friday morning- which means you'd need to leave your house at around....10:00 Thursday evening? If I had the money, I'd send my private jet to get you!