Sunday, May 14, 2006


Happy Mother's Day

Cindy would have been a very rich woman today if she had a dollar for every time Josh told her to have a cup of hot tea and relax...the story is that for Mother's Day, Josh made this "relaxing cup of tea" craft (complete w/ a tea bag) at school on Friday. He also memorized this adorable song to sing to Cindy about all the things that moms do for their kids. (I actually have a video clip of that, but I still haven't learned how to download it to the blog yet...)

Sarah wasn't up to doing a song and dance yet for Cindy, but she definitely has bonded with her mommy throughout her young 7 weeks so far. I can be holding her while she's fussing and get somewhat frustrated that I can't get her to calm down... and then along comes Cindy, says something simple like, "What's wrong my sweetheart?"...and then everything's cool. Sarah will even look at me with a smirk at times like I have so much to learn still. C'mon...how's that fair?

Marie was with her mom today, but God love Cindy because last night she helped Marie make a Mother's Day present for Marie's mom...a bit awkward of a moment, but Marie seemed pretty excited about her present- some "homemade" picture frames for her mom.

We had dinner this evening with my folks, Aunt Anne, Terri, Dan, Cody, and Adam- at the Triple Crown. It was a great meal, and once again Josh entertained us with his stories and singing. He told everyone that he actually saw a real princess this morning at Church. We had an absolutely beautiful interpretive dance performed this morning at The Chapel to the song entitled, Come to Jesus. I took Josh with me this morning for the run-through, and he truly was mesmerized by the young lady who performed the dance. The second time that we rehearsed the song, Rachelle- the dancer, wasn't on the platform, and that's when Josh asked me, "What happened to the princess?" I made sure to tell Rachelle this, and she seemed genuinely touched by the remark. Josh also told me that he thought it was pretty cool when "the boy" (that would be Kenton) came down to him during rehearsals and sang to him while helping pick his pennies up from the floor. It's truly amazing how impressionable such simple acts can be through the eyes of a young child.

All in all, it was a good day. I'm pretty certain that Cindy feels truly blessed for her dear children who love her unconditionally. Happy Mother's Day, sweetheart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable!

-Jen