Wednesday, September 06, 2006


Ready or Not...Here I Come!

Well, the little guy began his grade school "career" this morning- bright and early with a 6:00 A.M. wakeup call. Looking out the window at the time, Josh looked up at me and said..."I sure hope my school has lights!"- it was still pretty dark outside!

Josh has really been looking forward to this day- evidenced by the fact that for the past month, he's been asking us daily when his first day of school will be. If only I shared the same enthusiasm as I started back a couple of weeks ago!

You gotta love the Catholic school's dress code- white polo shirt and navy blue slacks. I personally love it. No decisions to make in the morning...and, if I may brag a bit, he looks pretty handsome- even with his slacks being a tad too long. (His legs havn't quite caught up with his waist yet!) However, one of the highlights for Josh, in terms of school shopping, was the purchase of his cool backpack. Now take notice that this is a Spiderman backpack...yet it came equipped with a cell phone holder and an I-Pod sleeve! Needless to say, these two items were not a priority for Cindy and I to buy in preparation for his first day of Pre-K.

After picking Josh up this afternoon, the highlights of his first day appeared to be storytime, potty-breaks, lunch, and recess- not necessarily in that order, I might add. He said he gets to sit next to two little girls in the classroom, but that's "OK" with him...I've trained him well!

Funny...it seems like just yesterday that he was learning how to walk, talk, and ride a bike. Now, he's a St. Matthew's Royal who told the barber the other day to cut his hair in such a way to make sure that he looks handsome for his first day of school. I think Cindy and I are in store for an eventful ride with our son.

I love ya Josh!

No comments: